Wednesday, August 17, 2011

No Title

Well, I can't think of a name for today's blog... so I'll just skip it.

So, all week, we have been packing and moving stuff into storage. We have a plan:
  • Finish packing the house & putting things into storage on Monday & Tuesday.
  • Each night, after the storage place locks the gate, we fill the truck with Goodwill stuff for Chuck to drop off the next day after work.
  • Wednesday, we moved the stuff we're not putting into storage to Monica's & clean up the house.
  • Thursday, I have to work @ Michael's, so we have to be moved out by then.
THEN, I got to the office on Tuesday, looked at my calendar and realized that I work at Michael's on Tuesday, not Thursday! Crap! So, it sort of threw a wrench in the plans.... But I didn't think it was that big of a deal...

I got home from Michael's around 10pm last night, the kitchen has all empty cupboards and everything is on the counters... Not in boxes or anything; just on top of the counters. I have no idea why he did that... but whatever... lol.

Poor Chuck has finally hit panic mode. He kept talking about how there was no way we were going to have everything out by Thursday... He wants to take Thursday off work... he's begun pacing...

I'm the opposite... I am trying to help get everything moved, but if we have to move a little on Friday, what exactly is the landlord gonna do? Kick us out? Um... how will that work, exactly?

"Throttle back, big guy. It will allllll be ooookkkk.... Just roll with it."

Which is funny, because I'm usually the panicky one and he's the one telling me to chill. "There's no sense in stressing over it. That won't change things, Brenda." (That was my Chuck imitation) Haha!

Anyhoo... we're just trucking along... I'm doing pretty well with this whole one-day-at-a-time thing right now. I contradict myself, though. I'm supposed to be following a one-year plan, but also living one day at a time. What the heck? I have a goal for a year from now, but I have already figured out that it will be really hard to keep this up for a year. I don't want to invade another family's home for that long, even though it would make us SO MUCH BETTER OFF financially! So, I've put on my blinders, put my head down, and am pushing forward. I will go to my jobs, start exercising again, and pay as many bills as possible. The rest is just minor stuff.

I do believe, this weekend, Chuck and I have earned ourselves a few beers. Time to relax a little!

No comments:

Post a Comment