The 2011 Interview with Ms. Carley...
My daughter and I have decided to ask the questions from her original interview from 2011. She was 10 at the time, and is now 12 years old. I think it will be interesting to see what questions have changed and what has stayed the same!
The questions are in Black, her current answers are in Blue, and her 10 year old answers are in Brown. Hope you enjoy!
1. Tell me the five best things about you. Freckles, "Awesome Personality," the fact that "I'm your kid," my hair, and my drawing talent. Drawing, singing, funny, smart, awesome freckles
2. What does the word "success" mean to you? Being able to do what I want when I'm older. They have done something great and have accomplished a task wonderfully
3. Why do kids put rings in their eyebrows and nose? Because they think that it makes them cooler and they just want to fit in... even tho I think they look like dorks. Because they think it’s cool because they see it on tv. Really it’s not that cool. They think it will make them look more popular.
4. If you could tell me never to serve two vegetables again, which two would you choose? Pinto Beans and Brussel Sprouts Sweet potatoes and baked carrots.
5. Who do you think I'd rather you be: an NBA ballplayer, the mayor, a famous explorer, or a movie star? Why? A famous explorer because I could find a really great place for you to live. An NBA player because you hear me talk about basketball a lot and it is fun for me.
6. Which of your friends do you think I like the most? Why? Nikki, because she's a really big dork and she makes you laugh with her sarcastic comments. Savannah, because she’s honest, funny and really nice.
7. On a scale of one to nine – one being not at all and nine being totally – how strict do you think I am? Where on the scale would you like me to be? You're a 3 because you want me to succeed, and I would prefer you were a 4 because I need to be pushed harder. You’re a one. You should be a two??? (in a very weak voice)
8. What would be the ideal allowance? Tell me how you would use it. $10/week; use it for snacks at school, buy duct tape and things like that. $5.00 for stuff that I need like for junk food that I want so you don’t have to pay for my junk food; and toys that I want.
9. Who was the worst teacher you ever had? Tell me why. Mrs. Kopleman because she's our language arts teacher that hates us. Nope does NOT like us. Gives us the evil eye from across the room! Oh my goodness! Mrs. J, because she is very, very strict. If you just mess up little things, you could get into a lot of trouble. She was strict.
10. What would the ideal teacher be like? She would be just like Mrs. Eddings because she cares for us like we're her own kids. She's easier on us. Very sweet, and just like Mrs. Scott or my mommy.
11. Which one of your friends is the funniest looking? Why? Ramone because he looks like a dinosaur from the side because he has a big head and a Mohawk!! (she is cracking up right now) Mia, because she has a flat nose, and she always has her eyebrows scrunched up. It’s funny.
12. If you could arrange it, what time would I come home from work? Then, what would we do together? You wouldn't go to work, but still get paid because that would be awesome. We would have a "girls' day" every day because we would be rich! You would come home at Lunch time, so we could go to lunch together and then have a girl’s night after.
13. Can you think of any clothes that I should never put on again? Why? If you had anything lacy, I wouldn't want to see that. It's scary for any person in this world! Nobody should wear lace ever. If you’ve ever worn it, you should never wear it again.
14. If a genie would give you only one wish, which would you pick, and why? being world-class attractive, being a genius, or being famous for doing something great? Famous for something great, because I would be doing something I love like helping kids with special needs or something like that. The last one, because I would gets lot of money so that I could take care of my family and myself.
15. If you are feeling sad, what meal that I could make or order would be the one that would cheer you up? I like it when you make ice cream sundaes. Ice cream always makes me feel better.
16. Are you afraid when we fly? No, because I'm with somebody. If I were alone, it would be scary because people scare me. No, it’s fun.
17. Tell me who you think are the three greatest musicians in the world? Cher Lloyd, Bruno Mars, and Liam Payne Elvis Presley, Taylor Swift, Michael Jackson.
18. If you could change three things about yourself, what would they be? My shoe size, because I have big feet; My height because I'm short; My laugh because I sound like a dying walrus. Nothing. I like myself perfectly.
19. What are the qualities that make a good friend? Trust, respect, funny, and loving. Truthfulness, kindness, funniness
20. What was your favorite toy when you were little? Poly Pockets! my teddy bear
21. What do you say to comfort yourself when something scares you (like when a plane is bumpy, of when you are in a scary place)? (breaking into song) "This girl is on fire!!" No, but really... I don't really say anything to myself. I just try to stay calm. It’s ok, just go to your happy place.
22. What do you think makes a person good-looking? Their personality. The inside is what counts.
23. If you could decorate our place, what would it look like? It would be a big house with a bunch of rooms; lazy river going through the house; the walls would be rainbow w/ peace signs and band posters everywhere. It would be pink and purple and light blue all over.
24. What do you think of my driving? Um, it's good. It's just the other idiots on the road! (No, I didn't pay her for that answer!!) Awesome. It’s better than chuck’s.
25. Looking at your pictures. When do you think you have been the cutest so far? Dude, I've always been cute! When I was a baby.
26. What is the most enjoyable thing our family has done together in the last three years? Going to the Coke Museum and the Atlanta Aquarium in the same day! Go to the Atlanta aquarium and the coke museum in the same day.
27. What is the nicest thing a friend has ever done for you? Take me to get my nails done and a girls' weekend! They had my back when I got into trouble.
28. Why do you, or don't you, like violent movies? I like them because it's fun watching people get hurt. It's a good way to vent anger. They just give me the creeps!
29. What sport (that you haven't tried) do you think you would be good at? On a swim team because I can hold my breath for a long time and I'm a fast swimmer. Skateboarding
30. If you were going to have a weird, unusual pet, what would it be? Why would you want that pet? I would want a llama so it will spit in the faces of the people I don't like! An elephant; it’s protective, humungous, it can be a ride, very loving, and I want to name it Ellie.
31. If you could look like anyone, who would it be? Why? A combination of my mom and Jess because I already do and it's fabulous! My mommy because I already do!
32. Do you think girls look better with or without makeup? Why? It depends on the person. Some people don't take care of themselves and kind of need it. Other people have good skin and don't really need makeup. Without makeup, because they need to show themselves; with makeup, they are just making themselves look fake.
33. What is the scariest movie you've ever seen? Why? That move... that I watched with Ashleigh... that one time... at that one place... your friend's house... It had that lady that ate people's tongues. It was so creepy! Dead silent; because the woman ate people’s tongues
34. What is the grossest thing you can think of? Jess licked her ID card to make it work in the swiper at work! (ew) Snakes
35. What would you do if you were invisible for a day? I would stalk Channing Tatum... Play pranks on people, especially my sister
36. Do you ever have a dream that comes back over and over? If so, what is it like? A dream that I get the day before my birthday every year. You (mom) gets captured by a demon and you hide me under a bathroom sink. I have to go through different worlds to find you and I can hear you screaming on every world. When I do find you, you're almost dead. (Might need therapy?? lol) Yes. A nightmare that has come ever since right before my 5th birthday; a goblin/demon that captures you and Ashleigh, and I have to come and find you. It scares me.
37. Why do you think some people don't like animals? Because they're just stupid. Because they might be allergic, or they might think it’s too much work.
As she gets older, Carley is turning into a smart, funny, beautiful young lady. She has a good heart and is a kind person. She is currently growing her hair out to donate for Locks of Love, plays the Flute at school, and is interested in doing things to help needy children when she is older. As her mother, I couldn't be more proud of the beautiful lady that outshines me at every turn. I look forward to seeing what new amazing things she has in store for herself!