Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Slight Hitch in the Plans

Ok, so there's been a recent development/hitch in the plans to move out.... It's about 5 ft tall, brown hair, blue eyes, 19 years old., female, and an overly-charming personality.

The plan was that when we moved out of our house on Aug. 18th, then Ash would move in with her friend until the end of this semester. She would finish the required classes at her current college, and then move to her preferred college (also close by) and live in the dorms. It was going to be an excellent way for her to get used to living on her own, but still have Mom close enough for whenever she needs me.

Well, it turns out that the friend that she was going to live with (and take my cat to) has some of her own issues, and we've agreed that Ashleigh living there wouldn't be the best idea. So, now I have no place for either my cat or my kid to go. Great. Now I have guilt. She moved up here after graduation to be near me, and now I'm bailing on her. WTF?

On top of that, our initial plan was to stay with Chuck's sister while the weather was still hot, and then camp out in the cooler months until it got cold out. Well, somehow, it turned into us just moving in to his sister's house (second time for me, and I have no idea how many times Chuck's lived with her) and staying there for a year to pay off these bills.

So I might just be a pig-headed, stubborn PITA, but I'm gonna come out with it...

I don't want to live with her family again. I love her. I love her family. I'd like to keep it that way. They are wonderful, generous, amazing people. That house is too small for us to live there, too. In addition, I now have Ashleigh to worry about, and they definately don't have room for her as well. I have already been given so much by them, and they have given so much to so many people in their family, that I don't want to continue taking from them. Besides that, Ashleigh and I would both have to drive an hour to work, plus an hour home from work... and me with a second job... and her with college...

So on the days that I work both jobs, I would be leaving the house at 6:30am and not get home until around 10:30pm.

This isn't going to work for me.

Plus, I have to get rid of my cat, and I can't find any takers. This is really starting to look like she's going to end up at the pound, which makes me very unhappy. None of this is her fault. She's sweet and lovable, but skittish. I don't think she'd handle new people - or the pound - very well.

All around, I'm unhappy right now.

But, Chuck wants to live there for a couple of reasons. Turns out that his car (that has been sitting in our driveway for a couple of months now) is broken way worse than origionally thought. So, if he is living with his sister, he can bum rides to work every day with his brother in law. Plus, the added benefit of being closer to his sister and his parents. Plus, when his car is running, he will only be about 20 minutes from where he works. So he is happy with the whole situation. He doesn't have any qualms at all about moving in with his sister (yet again).

So, am I just being difficult? I have so many more thoughts on this, but I am not trying to pick a fight or anything. I am a creative, resourceful person. I just have to figure out exactly what it is that I will do about this situation. I've got some thinking to do.

1 comment:

  1. um...my closet it full of Target clothes!!! My kitchen is full of Goodwill stuff...I like to consider it as helping the environment :)We do what we need to do. If we have raised our kids right it's not about the life we can give them but about the the life that we can share with them. Some of our best memories were 'FREE'!! Mike and I took Jason and Anthony to the Griffith Park Observatory in Los Angeles. We packed a picnic lunch and we all had an AMAZING time! It is one of our fondest memories...In the end you do what you gotta' do and you do what you can do. What are kids need most is our unconditional love and for us to be example and role model for them to live by. They know you love them (we know you love them)!! And in your trials and tribulations that is life they will learn to be strong women, they will never give up and remember what is most important-the quality of your time with eachother.
    ~Rache

    ReplyDelete