Sunday, August 14, 2011

Three Days Left

Well, we're slowly getting everything packed and moved out. We got rid of a lot of stuff when we had the yard sale, and now we're just separating things into three categories: Storage Unit, Monica's (with us) and Goodwill.

Our current plan of action is to stay with Chuck's family for a few months until a few things are straightened out:

First, we will have the child support hearing and hopefully get all of that mess fixed.
Second, we expect to have the Bank of America loan settled by September 23rd.
Then, after those things, we are planning to just pile money onto the other bills that we have.

Chuck wants to keep this up for a whole year, but I am against taking advantage of his sister and brother-in-law's hospitality for that long. My original plane was to camp out for a lot of the time, so we're not taking up space in someone's home. But, things do get changed. My other problem is that I have a jeep that gets about 15 miles per gallon, and I drive an hour to work when we live out there! I might as well be paying rent somewhere, because I'm looking at $100+/week in gas alone!

But, my goal is to just make it to my birthday. I would like us to at least start looking for a place by the beginning of October. I really would like to be rent-free for a year, but we don't have a really good place to stay for that long. As wonderful as Chuck's family is, their home really is not large enough for Chuck & I, plus Ashleigh, and my Dog... and Carley when she comes for visits.

But, again, I need to step into the one-day-at-a-time mode in order to get through this. At least we're getting things paid off so that by the time we do get a place again, hopefully it won't be so bad. Maybe we could actually afford to enjoy life again! :o)

So, otherwise, Ashleigh's friend is taking my cat. I'm very sad that she has to go. I feel guilty for getting rid of her, but hopefully, she will be happy in this new place. We shall see. If nothing else, maybe I can get her back after we have our own place again.

I guess that's about it for now. I have to work at Michael's on Thursday, so we're actually planning to be out of the house on Wednesday. We are packing up the computer, but I will still have my computer at work. I just won't be on here much at night, or on the weekends. Take care for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment