Saturday, July 2, 2011

Independence Day

I just wanted to wish everyone a happy 4th of July. This weekend has a separate meaning for me. It was the weekend, in 2000, that I found out that I was pregnant with my daughter. I remember trying to get pregnant, wanting it, being excited about the idea of a baby of my very own... Then, I missed my period.... I tried not to get too excited as I waited for the stick to change.... I looked, and it was Positive! My first thought was, "Oh, no! This is gonna hurt!" lol. It did, but she is worth everything and more. I love my daughters, and am thankful for every minute that I get to spend with them.

So, Chuck and I went and picked wild blackberries this morning, and we are going to make cobbler for the 4th of July. We're headed over to his sister's house to get Alan's truck, so that we can go through our yard sale stuff and haul a bunch of it over to her house for next weekend. Otherwise, not a whole lot else going on. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment