Friday, July 29, 2011

New Shoes

Yay for new Tennis Shoes! I needed a black pair of shoes for my 2nd job, and since we're not having to pay rent, we were able to get me a pair, Chuck a pair, and Carley a pair for school!! Plus, we ate out at IHOP last night. It's nice to be able to relax and actually just enjoy eachother's company without constantly worring. Before, I would have stressed myself out about how to afford a new pair of shoes just for me! It's not like we're rich all of a sudden, but it sure does feel like we are!

So, we got the Jeep fixed... there was a problem with the clutch. Then, we got insurance on Chuck's car that has been sitting in our driveway taking up space for months. Once it was insured, he went to the tag office and got the plate and registration, then had it towed to the mechanic's. YAY! I'm so excited!! The mechanic is on vacation for a week, but that's ok. I'm a lot closer to getting my jeep back than I was on Monday!

So, I head into Michael's this afternoon for day-2 of my new job. It will make for a long day, since I'm at my regular job from 7:30 until 5:00, then Michael's from 5:30 until 9:30, but I'll be fine. I'm looking forward to meeting new people and learning new things. I love that store, and so far, I like everyone that I've met.

Then, tomorrow morning, I've got to finish Carley's laundry, and start getting her packed before going into Michael's for a few hours in the afternoon. Saturday night, we'll probably do something nice, since it's Carley's last day here before she goes home on Sunday. The past 2 weeks have flown by, and I've really loved having her here. With Carley around, I've noticed that Ash has been around a lot more lately, too! It's nice to see both of my girls more. I am so proud of them. They are beautiful, smart, and funny! Both of them can crack me up, because they're witty. They get that from their Dad.

Even though their Dad and I don't see eye-to-eye anymore, it's still nice to spend time with the girls and see in them the things that I once loved so much in him.

Anyhoo, I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. I'm sure that once Carley has gone back to Florida, I'll be on here a little more often. Lately, I've been terrible about posting! I've got some catching up to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment