Monday, July 18, 2011

Happy Monday

Well, turns out that the yard sale was somewhat of a success... We made just over $300. I was hoping to get closer to $500, but the larger items didn't go. Chuck and his sister ended up taking the smaller stuff to Goodwill, and we're going to try putting the remaining furniture on Craig's List to see if that works out. But, hey, that is $300 we didn't have, that can go towards fixing Chuck's car and I can get my jeep back... Which is good, since it looks like I've gotten a part-time job!

I'm going by Michael's this afternoon to fill out some paperwork. They have me on the sales floor, but will also cross train on the registers. It's not going to make me rich, but a little extra money would be nice. Since we don't do a lot in the evenings, I figure I should make myself useful and earn some extra money a couple of nights a week.

Also, in other news, my landlord called. We only paid him half of the rent on July 1st, and were going to give him the rest on the 15th. He said not to worry about it, and that he is going out of town on vacation, and wouldn't be back until August 17th. We were planning on being out of the house by July 31st, but he said that we can stay in the house, rent-free until Aug. 20th, since he doesn't want to leave it vacant while he is out of town. So, there is a blessing as well!

In addition to all of the other current blessings in my life, I have both of my daughters at my house right now. My older one lives with me, so I get to see her all the time, which I love! The minute she graduated high school, she packed up her things and moved up here. My younger daughter, unfortunately, doesn't have that option. So, I get her whenever I can. She will be here until July 31st. It is so wonderful to look up and see her smiling face. I really miss being a "family." I hadn't realized it until she was here. I know that I have my boyfriend, my older daughter, and me, all living in the same house, but we don't really feel like family, because we're always doing our own things. Having Carley there makes me feel so loved and needed again. I had no idea how much I'd missed it!

Sadly, every time I feel joy of having her here, it is immediately squashed by the constant reminder that she has to leave again so soon. Her visit is so bittersweet. I feel like a pot full of emotions all mixed in together, never knowing which one will come out next! But, all I can do is enjoy every minute that I can with her while she is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment