Thursday, August 27, 2015

Unicorns and Rainbows

Sometimes, no matter how hard you want to change your way of thinking, you fall into a deep hole and only see negative in a situation.

And sometimes, even though you can see the other side with your logical part of your brain, you can't help the way you think and feel about a situation.

I'm not saying I'm depressed, or have a bad outlook on life, or anything like that. What I'm saying is, that sometimes certain situations create a jaded or cynical opinion. When the situation comes along, I have a hard time seeing the silver lining. For instance, I posted something on facebook that I was feeling today. It was just my opinion, and it in no way affected anyone else. In fact, I had even stated that I was trying to find joy in the situation, but was finding myself unable to.

After posting it, I realized that facebook really is no place for actual, deep thoughts. If it isn't Unicorns and Rainbows, then don't bother saying anything about it. People just tell you to change your way of thinking.

So, I deleted it.

But where does one go to have their thoughts actually heard? Thoughts are like emotions, they aren't really something you can control. If something pops into my head, it's there. I can't get rid of it now!

Unfortunately, because my feelings on the particular topic didn't mesh with the popular opinion, even my own boyfriend was saying I needed to focus on the good.

Where is a girl to go? Apparently, she goes to her blog, because there are so few people that actually read it that it serves more as a journal than an actual blog. I don't get any conversation about my thoughts, but at least it's a step. I can get them off my chest, and that's what really counts.

BTW, if you're wondering what the original fb post was about... I got so frustrated about not being "allowed" to share my non-mainstream thoughts, that the first problem now seems minor... so nevermind that...

1 comment:

  1. You go to the close friend, that one you know who you can trust when you "lay it all out there". You are right, FB is for people with short attention spans, who only have time for mimes and shallow thoughts. The true friend is the one who will hear out your entire situation without judgement.

    ReplyDelete