Monday, June 27, 2011

Experiment in Human Goodness.

Wow, I seem to have opened the flood gates here. Let me set a few questions straight...


1. Chuck and I both have full time jobs. We are not unemployed and will have money coming in. If anything ever happened that we do not have a place to stay "that night" we do still have the option of staying with his family or in a hotel. We are not "on the street."

2. This is a radical decision that we have put a lot of thought into. The life that we have been living for the past three years has been unhappy, depressing, and frankly, we have not been able to have a real relationship because of it. So far, nothing that we have tried has worked. I have taken 2nd jobs in the past, but it's only helped for a little while because $100 here and $150 there can only do so much. We have bigger fish to fry, and we intend to do so.

3. I do appreciate all the calls of concern, but again, this is not a cry for pity or sympathy. Please do  not call me with "there must be some other way." Believe me, if there were, we would have found it by now. We are two intelligent, able-bodied adults, and between us, I believe we can form a thought every now and then. (Sorry about the sarcasm, but my last two phone calls were riddled with it.)

4. Finally, I would like to re-iterate that we will NOT be sleeping in our vehicles, or on a park bench in a snowstorm... unless that is our express decision to do so.

We do have options...
We will have our cell phones...
We will still have income...
We will still have food...
We will still have family/friends...
We are not dying...
We are not boozers begging for change on the side of the intersection.
We are two people that are making a radical change to make radical differences in our lives.
We are thinking "out of the box."

I would like to take this time to express my appreciation to the people that have called today and expressed their love and concern! Calls like this show me that this is something that is possible.

Think of it as an Experiment in Human Goodness.

1 comment:

  1. oh wow! Would love to find out how this turns out. :) Will be back!

    ReplyDelete