Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Video Blogging

A friend of mine recently introduced the idea of starting to Video Blog (or Vlogging) instead of just writing my blogs. I don't like to just jump into something with both feet without doing a little research and learning more. So, I googled some information and am moving on from there. (For anyone interested, I've listed the websites that I checked out below.)

A couple of things that I'll have to consider, is that most of my blogs so far have just consisted of me talking about my own life. Occasionally, I'll have a post about something else, but it's mostly updates for my family, since I'm terrible at keeping in touch. Outside of my realm of close friends and family, I'm not entirely sure anyone else even reads my posts, so going through the trouble of Vlogging seems like it would be too much.

This is where my creativity would have to kick in. I would actually need something more interesting than my own personal life to discuss. I'm not 100% sure that I can be that creative... I've had writer's block, but this seems much more difficult!

In addition, although I'm the baby of the family, and love to be the center of attention with my friends, I have always had this ridiculous issue of stage fright. When giving speeches in college, I could know everything possible about a subject, make note cards, and practice in front of a mirror and my family... and then as soon as I get in front of the class, I forget the subject, my cards get all out of order, I ramble, and start shaking. I psyche myself out! Of course, this is a pre-recorded video, instead of live, so maybe it wouldn't be quite so bad... Haha!

Finally, after reading the different websites, I've figured out that I'm going to have to actually buy a computer or laptop before I can even consider moving forward. I don't currently have anything other than my iPhone... I would need to be able to edit videos before posting and so on. It would be much easier to do on a computer than on my phone! So, for now, the process is halted until I buy something usable.

But, in the long run... if anyone has any ideas or suggestions for a video blog, I would greatly appreciate your input! I'm not exactly sure what people want to hear about... and while listening to me just aimlessly ramble might be entertaining for a minute or two, it will get tiresome!

Thanks!

How to Start a Video Blog (tips)

Getting Traffic for your Video Blog

More Advice on Vlogging

Detailed Instructions

No comments:

Post a Comment