Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Moving to Jacksonville

Well, I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas! Chuck, the girls, and I went up and visited with my family in Michigan. It was so awesome to enjoy the holiday at home for a change. I enjoyed seeing everyone again!!

Now it's time to begin my next "Big Adventure." This week, Carley and I will be going through the things in our storage unit, and deciding what to pack now to take to Florida, and what will go down once I have a place of my own. Right now, I'm mostly just looking at clothes and any important paperwork. Other than that, I have to straighten out my insurance information, mailing address (how do I do that when I don't know what my address will be??), and so on. I do not like moving, but I am excited to be back in Florida, near Carley again. I've missed her.

For all of you that have asked about Chuck and Ashleigh... I've decided to keep them both... (regardless of the ongoing joke between Chuck & I about my dumping him the minute I hit the state boarder).

They will be staying in Georgia, while I forge ahead and look for provisions... lol. Actually, it's easier if I go by myself and stay on people's couches than bombard someone with all three of us, plus my dog (and probably my cat). So, once I get started working, I will save up some money and get a place to live. Then, I'll have Ash come down and she can get back into school and find a new job. Meanwhile, Chuck will also be looking for a new job, and doesn't want to quit his old one and move until a new one is found.

We have talked about moving back in together, but since we moved in so quickly when we met (for financial reasons), we might decide to get our own places for a while. There isn't anything wrong with our relationship, but we both agree that we never actually had the "space" we may have needed after both getting out of long-term relationships. This is still up in the air. We might find that the distance between us for a couple of months will be all we need... Who knows?

As far as the animals... My cat is currently at Ash's friend's house and she has requested that we take Pandora with us once I find a place. That's fine... I would love to have her back!! Also, Dee-Oh-Jee will, of course, also go back to Florida once I get settled....

Thank Goodness for Chuck's family!! AW and MW... Thank you so much for letting us stay as long as we have, and for allowing my kid continue to crash at your house and for my dog staying, too, for just a couple more months!! I love you guys!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment