Saturday, December 31, 2011

Looking Ahead

As I browse through my Home Page of Facebook, I am surprised by how many people have commented about what a bad year 2011 was, and how much they are looking forward to starting anew in the coming year. Like my friends, I am also looking forward to 2012, perhaps more than I do most New Years.

I am moving back to Jacksonville, which is exciting for me. When  I left, I never thought I would miss that place, but it really does feel like home to me. You never know what you have until you don't have it anymore, I guess!

I am starting a new job on the 9th of January, and I am really looking forward to getting out of the customer service/answering the phones/office type work. Just because it's something I'm good at doesn't mean it's something  I enjoy doing! :o)

I don't know what the year will bring to my relationship status. I am well aware that long distance relationships are difficult. It is really up in the air, and that is the sad part of this coming year. I can't help but wonder if I will be ringing in 2013 with Chuck. I really hope that I do, but if he decides  that moving to Jacksonville (away from his family and job) isn't right for him, then  I can't blame him. I am asking a lot.

On the flip side, however, I have my girls. This is the opportunity for Ash to be parent-free for a while. Right now, the plan is for her to stay in Georgia to finish this next semester of school, and then move down to Florida with me in the Spring. This will give me time to find a place to live and get settled. It will also give her time to decide if moving to Florida is really right for her, or if she is finally ready to be out on her own.

As far as Carley, this move will provide the opportunity for me to see her a lot more often! I am so excited to be back into her every day life. Swing by and have lunch with her at school, see her on the weekends, take her to dinner after school sometimes, or whatever. This is the biggest thing that has been missing in my life. Yeah, I know Ash has been living with me for nearly 2 years now, but it's not the same. She's very independent and mature. She doesn't need me nearly as much as Carley still does. So, I believe more than anything that I am making the right choice right now.

Finally, I have gained about 20 pounds since I've lived in Georgia, and since I'm changing everything else in my life, I'm taking this opportunity to incorporate healthy habits (working out and eating better) into my new lifestyle. My first step was quitting smoking back in May... Now for Phase II: lose that extra baggage that I'm carrying around. Over the past month or so, I've developed a bit of an online support group, by keeping in constant contact with other friends that are trying to do the same thing. I love my cheering section, and I love being a part of theirs!!

Overall, 2012 looks like an exciting and promising year, and I am looking forward to my next new adventure! Here's hoping that your coming year is everything that you hope it will be as well!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, have you already moved back? If so welcome back to J-ville, if not, do you have a place to stay? You're welcome to my couch for a few nights if you need it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Update... I have, in fact, lost the aforemnetioned 20 pounds!! Things are still going well!! <3

    ReplyDelete