Tuesday, October 18, 2011

I Bring it on Myself

*sigh* My mind is in turmoil.
Why can't I just accept things and be happy?
How do I look around and say, "This is enough for me"
I miss seeing a smile in the mirror.
I want joy in my life, like the fresh air.

I feel so much love for those around me,
and yet I push those people away.
I know that the sadness I feel is inside myself.

This is not something that I can blame anyone for.
Not even myself.
Who can help their feelings?

Every day that goes by,
without doing something to try to fix this sadness
Is a day wasted.

I was only given a certain number of days on this earth.
I can't stand the thought of wasting even one more.
My patience has grown thin.
I can no longer tolerate myself in this light.
It's time to change the bulb.

I don't know what to do,
or where to go,
to find the happiness that I seek.

All I know is that I have to start somewhere.
Somewhere is better than nowhere.

The sunlight awaits me
and I need room to dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment