Friday, October 28, 2011

Change of Plans

Sometimes you're the bug, and sometimes you're the windshield.

Yesterday, unbeknownst to me, I became the bug.

I got up and got ready for my job, just like I do every day.
Shower, dress, pour the coffee, drive in, start up the computers, and... BAM!
The next thing I know, I don't have a job any more.
Their reasoning?

"Failure to adhere to corporate accounting policies."

What in the hell does that mean?
If there was a problem, wouldn't I have been told, or questioned, or reprimanded, or ...SOMETHING??
I received nearly a dollar pay raise over the past year, and had never been written up for anything.
I didn't see this coming.

Then, I got to thinking...
I am scheduled to start taking part in the company's profit sharing program on Tuesday... Nov. 1st.
Could that have anything to do with it?
I have no idea.

All I had was some lame excuse, and a boot out the door.

Then, I talked to my ex-boss today, and I find out that there has all of a sudden been a lot of activity at the branch where I worked. I won't go into too much detail, because the rest doesn't directly apply to me, and I don't want to air everyone else's business... but come to find out, some of it is actually linked back to when John tried to commit suicide!!

Are you kidding me??

That was months ago.

I wish I could call him right now and tell him how he as affected everyone else's lives around him.

So, I'm over that place. Even if they were to call me right now and offer my job back, I would not be interested.
I don't want to work for a company that fires people for no good reason.
I am not interested in working for a company that does not have honor, courage and commitment.
If the military taught me anything, it was that.

If I am anything at all, I am resilient. I will make the best of this situation.

"The truth is that our finest moments are most likely to occur when we are feeling deeply uncomfortable, unhappy, or unfulfilled. For it is only in such moments, propelled by our discomfort, that we are likely to step out of our ruts and start searching for different ways or truer answers."

I will take this opportunity to find a position that offers me the opportunity to move up in a company.
That was not a possibility at my old job.
I will find something that offers me the opportunity to make something more of myself.

Meanwhile, until this new career shows up, I will be making efforts to get more involved in my community.
I will be going to help out with a Habitat for Humanity build tomorrow.

I believe it's time to stir up a little good Karma...

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your job. Keep your chin up. You have a very positive attitude and I really admire that. Unfortunately, we are seeing the same thing happen in our workplace. I hope you find a job soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm getting frustrated with all the negativity in my life. I guess i'll just have to work harder at digging my way out of this negative space. I appreciate your support!!!

    ReplyDelete